Monday, March 24, 2014

Thing #9

I've been looking forward to this Thing since we started this little project. When I first purchased my phone, I downloaded several photography apps, far too many in fact. I couldn't keep track of the various abilities of all of the apps so I narrowed my usage down to a few favorites and in reality don't actually use them all that much at the moment. My new favorite app is put out by two young women from Springfield, Missouri, Elsie and Emma who produce the blog A Beautiful Mess. Their app is like their blog-quirky, fun, distinct. There aren't tons of options, but the ones they offer have a definite point of view. Their app is very much like their brand. LoMob and ClassicInsta are also interesting apps. Both apps have narrow, specific uses.

I downloaded all the suggested apps. CamMe is pretty cool. I don't do selfies very often, but I can see how this would be very useful. I used to be a teen librarian and I can imagine using this app to give teens a way to photograph their participation in library programs. It's so accessible, really easy to use, and the sharing options are plentiful.

I didn't care for Color Splurge. I'd downloaded it in the past, but found it kind of clunky. It forced me to watch a few seconds of ads and a little icon at the top kept pulsing to persuade me to buy it! It's an interesting concept though, similar to ColorSplash.

Line camera and Aviary are similar. They're both quite powerful with lots of options for filters and detailing photos. I haven't yet decided which one I prefer. I'll make sure to blog about my preference by the end of the 23 Things.

Other apps that take and edit photos are LensLight, PhotoMgrPro, CP Pro, Big Lens, Fast Camera, various panoramic apps, and Camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment