Friday, March 21, 2014

Thing #8

I wanted to get excited about this Thing, but it didn't happen. I downloaded and played around with Cloze, Buffer, and HootSuite. I'm sure they're all perfectly good apps for the right user, but for me they're completely unnecessary. I do use social media, but the only thing I use with regularity is Facebook and I don't do much posting. I'm more interested in seeing what others are doing rather than updating about myself. I have a Twitter account, but have only posted a couple of times and rarely check it. I'm on Linked In, but I don't consider it "social media" since it's work related. I can't imagine sharing across all three platforms. The main thing is that I simply don't use social media enough to need any kind of management tool. If I want to interface with Twitter, I'll go directly to Twitter. The same for Facebook. These tools seem like they would be a great benefit to bloggers, especially those individuals for whom their blogs are their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment