Monday, January 27, 2014

Thing #2

Before I purchased my iPhone, I spent a lot of time on Apple's website reading about its features. I'm a reader of manuals...I just can't help myself. I also read about operating system updates before I install them. I like knowing what changes and improvements have been made. There's always more to learn though.

I watched the iOS 7 Hidden Features video. It basically affirmed how ready I am to move up a couple of iPhone models! I don't have the wonders of Siri on my phone. I look forward to using the hidden tips when I buy a new phone. For now, the main change I made was in the accessibility mode under settings. I turned on the reduce motion toggle to conserve energy. I also think it makes my phone function more quickly as it moves more directly from task to task.

I read through the 15 iPhone tips post. Deleting the last digit in the Calendar app will come in handy. I knew I could shake my phone to do various things, but I didn't know it would erase a message so I could start over. The text-to-speech function was fun to play around with though I doubt I'll use it very often. I hardly ever do any special formatting in my email messages so this was a reminder of how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment